Thursday 6 September 2012

Leviathon ME3

Got Mass Effect 3's Leviathon yesterday...


SPOILERS UNDER CUT




I am unhealthily obsessed with Mass Effect, so I got this DLC. I'm not sure it was worth £8 but it was good. There are some nice bits with your love interest - it's always kind of annoyed me that your love interest acts like a disinterested private rather than anything closer to you (perhaps Thane could get some DLC where the NPCs give two fucks about the fact that my character romanced him, he was dying, and he died in action, saving another person's life). It was also nice to see Shepard get fucked up for once - all the stuff she does, it makes sense she would get injured at least once in a while. Garrus: "Never do that to me again."

Ann Bryson is an interesting character and the cave paintings in one of the new locations are intriguing. The mining facility genuinely creeped me out and the final underwater scenes were stunning. I liked the revealed backstory - especially the arrogance regarding synthetics, and the way that arrogance has repeated itself over millennia. I also *loved* that Harbinger was the original rebel - and was likened to a god "the reapers were all made in his image". It paralleled nicely with Legion, especially as both geth and reapers were originally multiple programs within one platform - that eventually gained individual sentience. It would have been better if I hadn't already played the game til the end. Knowing it makes no difference to the end limited the experience a little.

And as usual with ME3 there's the nagging sensation that it should have been there from the start - especially as the mission is so linear.

No comments:

Post a Comment